Learn How White Should Your Teeth Be
In the recent years, the demand for whiter and brighter teeth has increased rapidly. Beautiful teeth can enhance your smile and boost your confidence level. Effectiveness of the whitening treatment depends on factor like gender, age, genetics, and eating habits. In this article, learn about various methods and products of teeth whitening.
If you are interested in professional teeth whitening home product, EuroWhite has a range of Crest 3D white products that are specifically designed for dental hygiene, just to whiten teeth. You can also find natural and charcoal based whitening products at their website.
Natural Teeth Color
Before using any of the UK teeth whitening products, you must understand that the natural color of teeth comes in many shades and colours, from light shades of cream, gray, brown and even yellow. Natural teeth will never be in pure white color.
Causes of Teeth Discoloration
- Smoking – Nicotine and tar present in Tobacco get settled in the oral cavity. This results in brown or yellow stains on teeth.
- Food and Drink – Vegetable and fruits such as blueberries and beet roots can stain the tooth. Drinks like tea, coffee and wine can also stain your teeth.
- Age – With age teeth can change its color. Tooth enamel becomes thin with aging and reveals the yellow the yellow colored dentin beneath.
- Poor Dental Hygiene – Lack of daily brushing and regular flossing can lead to tooth staining. A good dental hygiene can prevent your teeth from staining, decay and dental diseases.
- Medication – Some medications such as tetracycline can cause teeth discoloration.
Teeth Whitening Method
· Take Home Whitening Kits
You can purchase teeth whitening toothpaste or whitening strips from medical store. At-home treatment can save your money. Toothpaste are only helpful in removing mid strains and take longer time to get the result.
Strips on the other hand are capable to change the color of teeth enamel and give instant results. Due to lower concentration of hydrogen peroxide present in crest teeth whitening strips, these are considered safer than other strips.
You can also visit your dentist to get custom teeth whitening tray and use them at home. Simply add the whitening gel and wear the trays daily for 2-3 weeks to brighten the teeth.
· In-Office Whitening Treatment
At-home kits are less effective and don’t work when you have multiple tooth restoration. Visiting the dentist and getting professional whitening treatment is the most effective treatment to brighten the teeth. The treatment can take 30-60mins. Dentist will help you select the right shade of white that looks realistic as well as improve your appearance.
Dangers of Over-Whitening Teeth
Everyone loves to have white teeth to brighten their smile. However, whitening agents can increase the risk of teeth sensitivity and inflame your gums. Whitening products available at store have a lower concentration hydrogen peroxide, but you can damage your teeth if you use these products for longer duration or quite frequently.
That’s why it is important to carefully read and follow the instructions mentioned on products. Also, go for regular dental checkups to keep your teeth and gum healthy.
People who are unhappy with their teeth discoloration can take teeth whitening treatment to get their teeth transformed. You can whiten teeth yourself using over-the-counter products like crest whitening strips or visit dentist and get professional treatment.