What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED) with Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention?
Erectile Dysfunction :
Sex is considered one of the most pleasurous activities between two individuals. However, in order to keep the pleasure for longer, it is important for both individuals to have better performance in bed. While talking about the performance part, male genitals are erect when the person feels pleasurous, but 1 in 5 men face a critical problem that leads to depression and anxiety in males.
This issue is termed ‘Erectile Dysfunction’. While this problem is neglected by people and they believe things can get normal after sometime but this is not the case. The number of people having erectile dysfunction increases with age. So it is not recommended to wait for this problem to solve and consult a doctor immediately when encountered.
Poor sex drive is another major problem that males face. While in most cases the patient of ED or erectile dysfunction considers this as a poor sex drive issue or issue with stamina or with early ejaculation. While the symptoms of erectile dysfunction are different and can be easily identified if read about it before. Below we have mentioned symptoms of ED that are common.
Symptoms are signs that can help patients in identifying the problem or sharing the problem and symptoms with the doctor for a clear image of the issue. So consider reading the below points for a better understanding of the symptoms:
- Erections are soft for sex
- Erection that doesn’t last enough
- Inability to get erect
If you encounter any of the above-mentioned symptoms, then consult a doctor for a solution to this problem. Let’s take a deeper look into this problem and understand the mechanics of ED.
Mechanics of ED
Men’s erection happens when blood fills two chambers. These two chambers are known as the corpora cavernosa. The blood filling process makes the penis expand and get stiff. While anything that blocks these or restricts the blood flow in the penis causes erectile dysfunction.
There are many reasons why a person can encounter erectile dysfunction. To help you understand better our experts of ED have below mentioned some of the problems in brief. Read the section below to know the causes of ED.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Chronic Diseases- Diabetes is a chronic disease that is most striking to have ED. It is observed that men with diabetes are 2X or 3X times more likely to have erectile dysfunction. While there is no age for this issue to happen. It can start from 10 to 15 years earlier. However, controlling the blood sugar level can lower the risk of ED. While apart from Diabetes there are many other chronic diseases that can lead to ED. Some of them are cardiovascular diseases, kidney disease, multiple sclerosis and atherosclerosis.
- Lifestyle- One of the major reasons behind erectile dysfunction is lifestyle. There are many things that affect the male genital and cause issues like erectile dysfunction. Some of the major lifestyle habits that cause ED are smoking, drug use, and heavy alcohol. While other than this being overweight and less workout can also lead to this issue. In many studies, it is found that men who exercise regularly have a lower risk of encountering ED.
- Surgery- Treatments can even affect the body and result in issues like ED. While there are very few cases that lead to this issue, some of them are prostate cancer, BPH, and bladder cancer and will need prostate cancer testing Monroe la. The reason behind surgery causing the issue is that it can damage nerves and blood vessels near the penis. Though the issue can be fixed in some time as it causes temporary ED.
- Medication- Medicine recommended by the doctors has a reason behind it. There are many cases that have been observed where the person taking medicine has some side effects like ED. So it is always advised to take medicine that is only advised by the doctor and for the time advised. Taking medicine for a longer duration can also affect the body.
After reading this blog, we hope that we have helped you in understanding the issue and its causes. If you still need any clarification on the medication or symptoms comment your queries On Our website.