How to Fight PTSD Naturally
When we talk about mental health disorders the name of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) is repeated many times. We might have had a family member who has suffered it or also a friend who might have had this disorder.
It must be true that most of you reading this article are fully aware of what is PTSD but some people might not at all know what is this disorder.
So let us throw some light upon the meaning of PTSD.
What is PTSD?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is a kind of psychological disorder that is experienced by a person who has undergone any traumatic event of life such as an accident, a natural disaster, or any other form of a dangerous or threatening situation.
The person suffering from it experiences certain physiological as well as psychological alterations when he/she is confronted with any kind of trigger or stimulus in the environment.
PTSD can prevail from a shorter time to a time that can stretch to years.
Symptoms of PTSD
Every psychological disorder has some signs that make the psychologist or psychiatrist know about the exact problem of his/her client. Similarly, PTSD has some symptoms. These are –
- Avoiding the particular talks about the event.
- Avoiding the objects or places related to the event.
- Problems in maintaining hope for the future.
- Lack of optimism.
- Signs of self-destructiveness.
- Distorted concentration.
However, it is not always necessary that PTSD should be treated by medicines only. Sometimes the disorder can be treated in natural ways.
Natural Remedies for PTSD
- Counselling and Therapy – The idea of counselling or therapy is the first to come into the minds of the people undergoing PTSD. When these people regularly interact with their therapist and talk about their trauma, they feel light and their problems begin to decrease.
- Intake of Green Tea – Another good solution to fight PTSD and reduce symptoms is the intake of green tea. Green tea is suggested as it relaxes the body, reduces stress and anxiety, and gives a boost to the immune system.
- Chamomile Tea – Chamomile is something that is consumed in the form of tea. It tends to work just like green tea by reducing anxiety and calming the nervous system. However, its additional advantage is that it promotes good sleep. Thus, one should consume at least one glass of Chamomile tea before going to bed.
- Retreats at Ayahuasca – For the people who do not know what is Ayahuasca then, it is a drug consumed in the form of a drink. It produces hallucinations and makes people heal their sorrows and wounds.
Certain retreats are held every year wherein people gather together in a circle and intake this drink. More about this people ritual is that it requires the right ambiance, the right amount of drink, and the right people.
This infographic was created by Veteran Car Donations
for curing PTSD are the best as they do not harm your body by the consumption of heavy doses of medicines.