Human mouth remains moist due to saliva and it helps in the process of digestion. The microbes and fungi present inside the mouth are also normalized by the saliva. Your mouth becomes dry, when your salivary glands do not produce sufficient amount of saliva and you start to feel dis-comfortable. The causes symptoms and treatment for dry mouth is explained below.
Symptoms of Dry mouth : In addition to dryness inside the mouth, this situation may include other symptoms like burning on the tongue, excessive thirst, soreness in the throat and bad breath. If the condition of dry mouth occurs due to intake of certain medicines then you should immediately discontinue the use of such medicines. This will help to cure the problem of dry mouth.
Causes of dry mouth
1. Many medical conditions can cause the problem of dry mouth. Person suffers from various diseases such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, anemia, hypertension, Parkinson’s, stroke and mums may experience dryness in the mouth.
2. Certain medication also result in dryness of mouth include medicines for allergy, depression, anxiety, pain and cold. Some sedative and muscle relaxant medicines can also cause dryness of mouth.
3. Surgery or trauma that can damage the nerve of neck and the region of head can also cause the problem of dryness in mouth.
4. When the normal functioning of salivary gland gets obstructed, it can lead to dryness of the mouth. Some medical treatments such chemotherapy or radiation can also cause dry mouth problem.
5. Increased sweating, diarrhea, vomiting burns, blood loss and fever may result in dehydration and person may experience dryness of mouth in dehydration.
6. Some common cause of dry mouth are prolong use of tobacco products like chewing tobacco or smoking and breathing through mouth for longer periods can also cause dryness in mouth.
Natural tips for dry mouth : To increase the moisture of the mouth you can use an oral rinse and drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist. You can also suck some sugar free candies or gums to alleviate the condition. You can use vaporizer in the room to bring moisture into the air. Avoid breathing though mouth. You can use artificial substitute of saliva available in pharmacies to cure dryness of the mouth.