When there occurs a certain kind of growth in large intestine, is known as colon polyps. People above the age of fifty years are at more risk of developing colon polyps. It is seen normally all polyps are not cancerous however some polyps in colon can develop colon cancer. People above the age of fifty should get regular checkup to detect if there is any growth in colon at the earliest.
Symptoms of Colon Polyps : The symptoms of colon polyps may include regular constipation, indigestion, change in bowel movement and diarrhea. Some times polyps become so painful that it can cause bleeding. On experiencing rectal bleeding one must immediately take medical help. Intake of inadequate fibers to one’s diet can cause irritation to one’s gastrointestinal system that further causes colon polyps.
Medical attention is required : Presence of polyps in colon is a serious condition and immediate medical attention is required. Some time certain polyps turn cancerous in such case surgical intervention is required. Colon polyps can not be treated at home but one can follow certain dietary and lifestyle changes that help in relieving some symptoms of polyps in colon.
Natural remedies for colon polyps
1. Colon polyps are caused due to fiber deficiency so one must take diet having high fibers but with low fat. One must take fiber supplements and take foods those are rich in fibers.
2. Drink plenty of water because it helps in keeping the functioning of one’s digestive system in a smooth manner. Drinking water helps to through out poisonous toxins from the digestive tract.
3. Intake of vitamin C helps in reducing the formation of polyps and vitamin E due to its antioxidant properties help in flushing out toxins from the body. Foods rich in vitamin A protect the lining membranes in the stomach.
4. Cinnamon is well known for its wonderful digestive properties and regular intake of cinnamon in diet can help in easing the process of digestion.
5. Person suffering from colon polyps should avoid intake of processed foods and foods having high contents of caffeine.
6. Supplements of calcium help in preventing recurrence of colon polyps after the surgery.
7. Take regular exercise because it helps in reducing the pain caused due to polyps and also helps in maintaining ideal body weight.